How To Create An Irresistible Free Product BundleAug 14, 2023
Let's talk about how to create an irresistible free product bundle!
But, if you've never heard of a product bundle, then it's probably best you read this blog post on What A Free Bundle Is, before proceeding with reading this one, but it will set the stage with the basic information we'll be expanding on today.
And if you're all up to speed and you know what a free bundle is, what the benefits are, and why you should consider planning one (or even participating in one)... then please, continue by all means!
This blog post will dive into what you need to create a free product bundle.
And while I'm not an expert on free product bundles, I'm going to share what I know after planning one for my own business and the things I've learned along the way!
Free Bundles Are A Great List Builder
Utilizing a free bundle in your business is a great way to build your list and provide some additional nurture content to your audience! Imagine how amazed your audience will be to hear that you're not only hosting a product bundle that provides a bunch of different paid products, services, resources, and tools from a group of incredible business owners.
But to then find out that it's completely free!
And all they need to do is register for the bundle and cash in on all the goodies they want to receive!
Sound good right?
I thought so!
Want to know what you need to get started and turn your bundle idea into an actual collaboration project?
The Building Blocks Of A Great Bundle
- Understanding Your Audience: Start by gaining a deep understanding of your target audience. What are their pain points? What are they struggling with? What hurdles are they currently facing? What products or services do they value the most? What is the next big win they want to achieve? Then tailor your free product bundle to address these needs and provide a solution that goes above and beyond their expectations.
- Choose Complementary Products: Choose a theme for your bundle and recruit all the products tightly around it so you really tie into the goals and target audience of your bundle. Just make sure to select products that naturally complement each other and create a seamless user experience. For example, we host the Born To Collaborate Free Product Bundle, which is all about finding ways to collaborate and tie it into your business so it feels good. All the products, services, tools, and resources we gather tie back to that main goal and deliver this information to our audience.
- Focusing on Quality: Ensure that the products included in your bundle are of the highest quality and align with your brand's reputation. Free doesn't mean compromising on quality and quality will always chump quantity- so don't worry about the number of contributors, just focus on their value. By offering premium products as part of your bundle, you demonstrate your commitment to excellence and build trust with your new and existing customers.
- Providing A Clear Value Proposition: Clearly communicate the value customers will receive by choosing to register for your free product bundle. Highlight the benefits and savings they will experience, making it irresistible for them to pass up on this incredible offer. Obviously, the bundle is free and they are receiving a group of paid products and services they would normally pay for individually, but you need to really sell the value and the benefits to them on your registration page in order to get them to register and actually cash in on each of the contributor's gifts!
Behind The Scenes Look:
When I first came up with the idea to host a free bundle, my goals were really to nurture my existing audience and continue to grow my list ahead of the Teach Me How To Summit Virtual Event, which I'd be launching about 7 weeks following.
I knew the topic needed to be more general than that of the summit and I knew I wanted to team up with Sara Alepin of District Bliss, because not only is she a Master of Connections and Networking, but she's incredibly focused on helping fellow entrepreneurs link up to create collaborations.
Together we decided that The Born To Collaborate Free Product Bundle would be an amazing project to work on together and a great resource to both of our audiences. So we immediately started creating a master list of fellow collaborators that we thought would be amazing not only to work with but also that offer great insight into different aspects of collaboration that would be incredibly helpful to anyone who registered!
With a HUGE list of potential collaborators, we narrowed it down to just 12 names that we'd pitch for the 1st bundle and decided we'd host another one during Q1 of the following year, to be able to include another 12 collaborators.
Why just 12?
We thought it was the perfect amount to offer BIG value while not being too intimidating for the people who would register.
After we had our collaborators, we then needed a system for keeping them organized, so we tweaked a system we purchased that wasn't entirely as well organized as we had hoped and pretty much developed our own system from here moving forward.
In return for being in the bundle, we asked all contributors to help promote the bundle, which they all eagerly agreed to do. And then from here, it was all about promoting!
So let's talk about how you can handle promotion for your free bundle.
Promoting Your Free Product Bundle:
- Engage through Social Media: Leverage the power of social media to promote your free product bundle. Create eye-catching visuals and compelling captions to capture the attention of your target audience. Encourage users to share your posts and tag their friends who might be interested in the offer. For our bundle, we created general event graphics and captions as well as individual graphics of each of the gifts we'd be offering!
- Email Marketing: Utilize your email list to reach out to existing customers and prospects. Craft persuasive email campaigns that highlight the benefits of your free product bundle. Consider offering exclusive discounts or limited-time offers to create a sense of urgency and encourage immediate action. For our bundle, we are using email marketing to let people know about the offer and when it's available, but since we don't have a paid option there's really not much to sell!
- Encourage Collaborators To Promote: Every collab is only as strong as the contributors, and a free bundle is no different. If you plan to host a bundle, you'll want to have your contributors promote the bundle to their social media channels as well as their email list to make sure you get maximum exposure. To do this, you can easily provide access to swipe files for emails and social captions as well as the general and individual gift graphics to make sure it's as easy as possible to spread the word.
Final Words Of Free Product Bundles
Free product bundles are a powerful tool to drive sales, attract new customers, and foster loyalty.
By understanding your audience, curating high-quality bundles, and promoting them effectively, you can unlock the potential of free product bundles and take your business to new heights as a smaller-scale collaboration between larger launch campaigns.
However you see fit, we hope you can see the power of a free product bundle and the impact that bringing together a variety of paid products and services, and offering them for free for a limited time to your audience is nothing but a win-win!